Tuesday, September 29, 2009

09/29/09 ( last chances or second to last chances?)

I am the cleaning captain at my store, I have to say i work with the best. These people sure make this store awesome, and everyone i have had the pleasure of meeting and working with at this point all do their very best i feel to make this store operate and look great. My job is one of the most crucial jobs at the company. It is my job to make sure that the parking lot is litter free, the sidewalks are shiny white, and the windows could kill birds with how clear they are; and that is just the outside, when you come in to the inside of the store the floors are clean no crumbs on the floor, no scuffs on the walls or booths, and all the tables and chairs are wiped clean. After all that is very important to be able to feel like you are eating at a place that takes pride in a clean environment. I make sure the bathrooms are cleaned and sanitized and i make sure the back of the house is done so as well. I take pride in the work that i do and the support i get and give to my team. Here recently we had an evaluation come up where a gentlemen from corporate helped us to understand what we needed to work on to become a training store. He had originally said that this was our last shot, however when he had came in to evaluate us he saw all the hard work we have been doing and decided to give us two weeks to work on the suggestions he gave us. He then would return in two weeks to reevaluate our work and if we work hard we get the honor of becoming a training store. I myself was both disappointed and excited at the same time. In one hand it stinks that we did not receive that title right then, however i think it is awesome that he gave us what we needed to fix to receive that title. I believe in my team and i believe in our store being the best. We will get training store only 13 more days until we gain that honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment